MadeToPrint InDesign – Introduction, Installation and Registration
MadeToPrint InDesign enriches Adobe InDesign with numerous professional output and conversion features, including batch processing and hotfolder operation. Optionally, you can use MadeToPrint in conjunction with editorial systems. This manual helps users to set up the plug-in and gives insights on how to use it.
MadeToPrint InDesign is available for both Macintosh and Windows. The plug-in’s scope of features depends on the license acquired.
MadeToPrint Standard InDesign
The basic version provides features for setting up output jobs and processing them manually.
MadeToPrint Standard InCopy
This version of MadeToPrint can be integrated into Adobe InCopy.
MadeToPrint Auto InDesign
Besides offering all the features of the basic version, MadeToPrint InDesign Auto runs hot folder-based and completely unattended.
MadeToPrint Auto InDesign for Editorial Systems
MadeToPrint Auto for InDesign have been adjusted for seamless integration with the InDesign based editorial systems vjoon K4, Woodwing SCE/Enterprise and van Gennep PlanSystem4. Similar to MadeToPrint Auto InDesign, the plug-in runs hotfolder based as an unattended automated workstation. Additionally it offers special editorial environment targeted features like XML/jobticket based publishing and status controlled output.
MadeToPrint is an output plug-in, developed by axaio software with versions for Adobe InDesign, Adobe InCopy, Adobe Illustrator and Quark XPress. If you have questions or suggestions regarding MadeToPrint, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
MadeToPrint InDesign is the solution for enhancing, standardising and streamlining all output processes from within Adobe’s professional layout application, offering maximum power and flexibility in terms of automating printing and creating PDF, EPS, IDML, PostScript, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, INX, Flash (SWF and XFL) and ePub files.
MadeToPrint provides a variety of features including:
- Single page output creates one file per document page
- Rule-based file naming
- Preflight check of InDesign documents
- Automatic update of links and activation of project specific fonts
- PDF production by means of Acrobat Distiller
- Output of layers and layer combinations
- Package commands as part of the MadeToPrint job
- Parameter Overrides
- PDF Post Processing
- Configurable info bar (job slug) with dynamically generated contents
- Extendable output options using PostScript snippets and scripts
- Batch processing of folder structures containing InDesign files
- “MadeForLayers” for the layer management in InDesign
- Optional hot folder mechanism and connection to editorial systems
Installing the Software
- Adobe InDesign CS4 - CC
- Mac OS X or Windows
Start the installation program (Macintosh or Windows) for MadeToPrint and follow the instructions. You need Admin rights to setup MadeToPrint.
Files are installed under Mac OS as follows:
- The Application folder of Adobe InDesign contains the MadeToPrint plug-in at Plug-Ins/axaio software.
- The MadeToPrint preferences, the PostScript snippets for the PostScript Expert Option, the logfiles generated by MadeToPrint can be found in the user directory under Library/Preferences/axaio software/Adobe InDesign 5 (6/7) /MadeToPrint Plug-In.
- The same folder is also created at Library/Preferences/axaio software/Adobe InDesign 5 (6/7). Move the folder MadeToPrint Plug-In to this location to protect settings against modification, e.g., when distributing MadeToPrint Settings to other computers. Preferences in this directory are locked.
- The MadeToPrint documentation will be saved to user directory under User/Documents/axaio software documentation.
Following data files are installed under Windows:
The Adobe InDesign Program Directory under /Plug-Ins contains the folder axaio software and the MadeToPrint plug-in.
- The MadeToPrint preferences, the PostScript snippets for the PostScript Expert Option, the logfiles generated by MadeToPrint are saved in the directory Documents and Settings\<User name>\Application Data\axaio software\Adobe InDesign\MadeToPrint Plug-In
- The same folder exists in the directory Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\axaio software\Adobe InDesign. Copy the folder MadeToPrint Plug-In to this location to protect it against modification, e.g., when distributing MadeToPrint Settings to other computers. Preferences in this directory will be locked.
- The MadeToPrint documentation can be found under Start Menu and Programs/axaio software documentation.
After installing MadeToPrint, the plug-in runs in trial mode for 30 days thus allowing to evaluate the software without any limitation. After this period of time MadeToPrint switches into demo mode print and file output will be marked with watermarks.
To register MadeToPrint just call up the menu item “MadeToPrint” on the help menu in the area About Plug-Ins. Click on registration and type in your name, company, and the 24-digit keycode, you will receive after purchasing MadeToPrint.
To register, fill out the registration card and send a copy to axaio software. Only customers who register are entitled to obtain updates and technical support. Retain the key codes in case you need to reinstall.
On Windows, you need to run InDesign as Administrator, even if the user has full access. To do so, right-click on “InDesign.exe” and choose “Run as Administrator”. This is only needed for the time of registration. After successfully registering MadeToPrint, you can close InDesign and run by simply double-click the InDesign.exe.